NYSVA's New York Minute... Last Thursday, August 3, 2017, members of the New York State Vapor Association voted unanimously to adopt a Statement of Principles that would guide their membership. Defined as "a comprehensive and fundamental law, doctrine, or assumption, or a rule or code of conduct (2)," according to Merriam-Webster, the principles are as follows:
- Caps must be child resistant and tamper evident.
- Bottle must contain warning against ingestion of nicotine and list ingredients, bottle size and nicotine level.
- No cartoons or child appealing packaging (defined by images of children's toys, children, or cartoon characters)
- No use of flavor names or images that are trademarked/copyrighted.
- Must meet upcoming FDA regulations for new labeling/packaging requirements. (All required statements) and be registered by deadline
This member code of conduct applies to what is sold in vape shops and for what manufacturers make or products distributed.
The New York State Vapor Association (NYSVA.org) is the first trade association in New York made up of and dedicated to vapor product small business owners. Focusing entirely in New York, it is registered to lobby for vapor product businesses in every county in the state. New York has more than 600 vapor product businesses with more than 2200 employees and hundreds of thousands of customers. The NYSVA board of directors has educated researchers, legislators, government agencies and stakeholders for more than 8 years locally, statewide, federally and internationally.
Visit here to see the list of members.